« Home | I've been blogged. » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

Berkeley welcomes the Hummer


berkeley welcomes the hummer
Originally uploaded by noahstone.
Why someone would own a Hummer is beyond my understanding. No other vehicle so embodies a total disregard for other humans. Why someone would own a Hummer in Berkeley and park it on the street can not be understood by anyone until we finally get a unifying theory of physics. I am told the spray paint corroded the glass and the windows have to be replaced. What the fuck did you think would happen, you narcissistic moron?!

To be clear, it's not the Hummer's thirst that gets me; I don't do much better in my car. A major global gas crisis is pending regardless of what we drive. What pisses me off is the absolute disregard for the safety of others. Part of wanting to be in the biggest vehicle on the road is putting your personal safety over the safety of others. With most SUVs, that's not even true, but I'm not getting into that now. The idea is, "if I get into an accident, I don't care if the other guy dies so long as I live." The Hummer is not built to share the road with passenger cars. Its bumper is several feet higher than a sedan's (and knuckle-dragging morons raise them even higher) and its curb weight is 6400 lbs. The curb weight of a Prius is 2890. Is doesn't take much more than a Piagetian grasp of physics to understand what happens when those objects collide at 50 MPH.

I believe there needs to be a test case - someone needs to try a Hummer driver who has been in an accident resulting in the death of the driver or passenger of another vehicle, and, perhaps GM for negligent homicide. They knew when they were buying this car that it would be a threat to others and they didn't care. Their own vanity was more important. And GM knows this car is not fit for the streets of America yet they make it and direct the advertising to American families. Who's with me?

About me

  • I'm noahstone
  • From Los Angeles, California, United States
  • I am a singer/songwriter: http://www.myspace.com/noahstone
My profile

Previous posts

Links

  • My Flickr
  • noahstone.com
  • Myspace
  • Antoine Wilson's Wot-What

  • www.flickr.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates